Collections Spec II
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts by:
- Contacting customers for payment of past due invoices via
verbal and written communication, minimum of 30 calls per day and
contacting customers for deposit and prepayment for new jobs.
- Call customers within 10 days of invoice to confirm receipt of
invoice and document payment commitment.
- Positive and helpful team approach in all interactions with
Sales and Support Teams to resolve issues that impede timely
payment of invoices.
- Timely notification to management of payment issues and
referral to in house Legal or 3 rd Party Collection Agency.
- Troubleshooting customer concerns on invoices as needed to
resolve obstacles to payment through cross functional collaboration
between Sales, Ops and Locations.
- Attend/lead credit meetings as requested, reporting on assigned
portfolio progress by account to Management.
- Creation of summary aging reports in Excel as requested by
client and internal staff.
- Communicating with co-workers, management, clients, suppliers,
and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Provides assistance to cash applications team with remittance
- Participating in process improvement projects through
bridge-building and partnering skills to allow solution-focused
conversations. Customer Relations:
- Must follow all confidentiality rules regarding customer
- Assist with client inquiries and answers client questions with
regards to payment history/balance, account updates and customer
- Addresses client issues such as misapplied payments, short
payments, bankruptcy and declined credit card.
- Uses a high level of professionalism in verbal and e-mail
communication, always seeking to be helpful, to focus on problem
solving and arriving at a win-win interaction.
- Maintain excellent customer service with the customers to
establish solid relationships.
- Handle customer complaints in a timely manner and escalate any
pertinent matters to their manager.
- Promote Corovan's Mission and Vision Statements. Special
- Participates in Six Sigma process improvement projects as
- Participates in ongoing training and may assist with training
of new employees through cross-functional collaboration between
- Continuously promotes compliance with company policies and
Performs work with quality, efficiency and safety at all times.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS - Organization skills with ability to
juggle multiple assignments and tasks, including attention to
details, and the ability to prioritize in a changing
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents
written in English such as manuals, procedures, work instructions,
and timesheets. Ability to effectively communicate well with
customers and coworkers.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Ability to effectively communicate with
potentially stressful and/or emotional situations. Outstanding
customer oriented skills.
- OTHER DUTIES:
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
(or equivalent experience and training required, or equivalent of
education and experience).
- Three-five (3-5) years' experience in a fast paced B2B
- Intermediate MS Excel required.
- Proficient in MS Office required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proven ability to work effectively with others in a team
environment. Preferred Qualifications
- Three - five (3-5) years' collections experience in a service
- Familiarity with Great Plains software.
- Experience with process improvement teams a plus.
- Professional Collection Certification from accredited
organization. Primary Location
In office - Poway.
Minimal travel to local clients may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Individuals are required to be
able to sit or stand for long periods as needed throughout the
- Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface, but
may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy
periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include
lifting up to 25 pounds of boxes when needed.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching
above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform
various functions of the job.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: May be required to sit at desk. May sit for long
periods of time. Position Type / Expected Hour of Work
- This is a full-time, regular position.
- Employees might be required to work late evenings or weekends
depending on the business needs.
- All Overtime must be approved by manager before working.
- Because of sales and accounting interactions, the work needs to
be conducted in the office location of 12302 Kerran Street, Poway,
Ca 92064. Additional Information Upon offer, the Company conducts a
comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Corovan: Since 1948, Corovan has set the pace in corporate
relocation, facilities support, and storage services. Corovan
offers the industry's most comprehensive suite of commercial
moving, storage, furniture, logistics, and tech relocation services
for businesses of all sizes and industries. We are proud to have
the most experienced and dedicated team to engineer the workplace
change while ensuring professional, timely and cost-efficient
services. With locations in San Leandro, San Jose, Fullerton and
San Diego, we offer local businesses the most comprehensive suite
of commercial moving, modular furniture moving and installation,
warehousing, distribution, logistics, and technology services. We
work with varied and interesting work environments with some of the
most dynamic companies in the world. Our values include growth,
continual improvement, and offer our employees training in a
variety of fields. We have a culture of rewarding employees who do
a great job and are good for Corovan. We look at our core staff for
career advancement opportunities, with opportunities for
advancement to installer, technician, driver, foreman, supervisor,
project management, customer service and other support roles.
Corovan offers competitive wages and benefits. The Company provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Corovan
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals
with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.
Keywords: Corovan, Poway , Collections Spec II, Accounting, Auditing , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!