Company: Chef Works Inc
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Overall: Under limited supervision, ensures the integrity of
accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and
entering transactions.Essential Functions:
- Performs daily and monthly cash reconciliations and management
- Processes bi-weekly payroll as well as off-cycle checks.
- Manages the fixed asset process, including tracking all
acquisition and disposal activities and related journal
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying,
allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving
- Participates in the year-end Financial Review (audit) and any
state sales tax audits.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Chef Works business
process, products, customers, vendors and other relevant
information, to better understand how the General Accounting
position fits and where he / she can add value.
- Monitors and stays abreast of industry standards and
operational and changes which impact Chef Works financial success.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Meets quality, productivity and technical requirements of the
Senior Accountant position.
- Upholds the Chef Works core values.Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent and 2 or
more years general accounting experience or related
- Background and experience must include demonstrated proficiency
with the following:
- Preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of budget to actual variances
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Transactional Research and Analysis
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to
- This position also requires demonstrated skills and abilities
in the following:
- critical thinking / analysis / problem solving
- strong organizational skills
- works well individually and as part of a team
- ability to work independently
- ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- capacity to organize own work, set priorities and meet critical
- ability to juggle multiple tasks of varying priorities and
function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills, to include the ability to interface with various levels of
co-workers, upper management, and external customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and
- Proficiency in the use of software applications (ACCPAC / Sage
300), MRP / ERP databases, Excel spreadsheets (expert level),
Outlook, Power Point and Word (intermediate level) required.
Physical Requirements:Occasional lifting of 10# or less (less than
5% of the time) generally at waist level, some above/below waist,
none above shoulders. Must be able to do desk work, which includes
computer work for extended periods of time. Some use of
Keywords: Chef Works Inc, Poway , General Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...