Autonomy and AI Engineer IV
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Autonomy & AI Systems
Software Architect in Poway, CA. The Autonomy and Artificial
Intelligence Solutions Software group is charted to develop and
deploy end-to-end autonomous systems that enable unmanned aerial
systems (UAS) to execute autonomous missions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical, Hands-On leader that will drive technical direction
and system architecture of team's autonomy and AI projects.
- Lead architecture, design, and development of autonomous
flight, sensor planning, and control utilizing AI techniques.
- Optimize AI models and system solutions to meet edge-processing
- Research academic papers and translate research into
implementable software solutions.
- Participate in and coordinate the establishment of design
concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research,
development, testing, and integration.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various
levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues.
Act as primary contact for engineering activities.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by
participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention,
and development of the required management, professional, and
- Lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and
- Identify engineering issues and provide leadership in
developing software solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans,
proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and
financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Technical mentor to junior engineers.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business
is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner
in accordance with established operating procedures and
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
computer science, information systems or related discipline and
progressive software development experience as follows; six or more
years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of
experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD.
May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Experience in developing fully autonomous systems and
- Experience in development and deploying Machine Learning/Deep
- Experience in leading and building high performance and
- Experience in developing and leading scalable software
architectures from scratch.
- Experience in optimizing AI models to meet edge processing
- Strong coding skills in Java, Java Script, C/C++, Python
- Experience in AI frameworks such as Tensorflow and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to architect, design, and develop complex
- Technical expertise in the application of engineering
principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project
management and leadership skills including organizing, planning,
scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established
deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex management and
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface
with other departments, all levels of management, professional and
support staff, customers, potential customers, and government
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated
basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours
and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Poway , Autonomy and AI Engineer IV, Engineering , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!