Electrical Engineer II
Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Posted: 11/11/2021 Employment Type: Direct Placement Category:
Electrical and Electronics Engineers Job Number: 92012 Job
Under the direction of an assigned lead or manager, will design,
develop, modify and maintain the electronics, components,
circuitry, and electrical systems for our products.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:--
- Participates in all phases of engineering projects, including
design, testing, system integration, support, and documentation of
electronics/electrical systems for semiconductor test
- Participates in project reviews and collaborates with Project
- Participates and/or hosts design reviews as a member of the
Electrical Engineering team
- PCB schematic capture and component selection.
- Able to provide layout guidance to PCB Layout Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining design lifecycle using established
- Works in collaboration with Engineering Lab personnel on
- Investigates, selects and tests off-the-shelf hardware for use
in our products
- Supports Manufacturing and Field Service as required
- Accomplishes tasks with moderate supervision from engineering
lead or manager
Supervisory Responsibility: May provide limited work leadership and
training to lower level technical employees.
- Education/Training: B.S. in Electrical, Computer, Mechatronics
(or related) Engineering, from an accredited four-year college or
university. M.S. degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years experience with a bachelor' s
degree, or minimum of zero years with a Master' s degree
- Basic Skills/Technical Requirements:
- Knowledge of good engineering practices and the ability to
follow existing processes and guidelines
- Fundamental electronic circuit design and analysis of analog
and digital circuits including, op-amps, digital logic ICs, DA/AD,
power conversion, MOSFETs
- Experience with motion control systems and their applications
(i.e. servo/stepper/linear/direct-drive motors, motor controllers,
motor tuning, etc.)
- Ability to specify and source off-the-shelf components such as
motion control hardware, computers, vision systems, communication
modules and PCB component-level parts
- Some working experience with schematic capture and CAD programs
(i.e. OrCAD, Altium, DraftSight, etc.)
- Critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with designing for manufacturability and
- Proficient with using basic test equipment such as
oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills using the
Microsoft Office suite of software
- Desired Technical Skills:--
- Knowledge and troubleshooting ability of CANopen protocol and
- Experience with Industrial or Medical machine design, including
power distribution design and integration of COTS control
- Familiarity in design for regulatory acceptance (CE, SEMI, UL,
- Familiarity with embedded hardware (microcontrollers, FPGAs,
etc.), and embedded software/firmware
- Ability to work autonomously on projects and interface with
other team members to drive tasks to completion
Job Conditions/Physical Demands:--
Domestic or international travel may be required. Prolonged sitting
at a computer terminal.
Protective Devices Required:--
In required areas.
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.
Related Jobs: There are currently no related jobs. Please sign up
for Job--Alerts . Login to save this search and get notified of
similar positions. Take control of your career! Join the team as a
recruiter at PEAK and build the future of your dreams.
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Poway , Electrical Engineer II, Engineering , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!