Posted on: November 25, 2022
Direct hire Quality Engineer located in San Diego CA for a
leading manufacturer of electrical and optical interconnection
systems.Ideal candidate will have experience working in an
electrical manufacturing environment.As a Quality Engineer you
- Participates in project contract review to identify quality
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection,
testing, and evaluation.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test,
and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or
- Provide assurance that appropriate metrics for the Internal
audit, CAPA, MRB, Deviation and Production processes are collected,
analyzed, reported, and trended over time to assure continual
- Utilize continuous improvement methodologies to drive
- Facilitate the completion of defective material investigation
and corrective action reports.
- Assist in failure investigation-assisting with documentation of
root causes, communication of final resolution, corrective actions,
- Participate as an ISO auditor for the internal audit
- Provide assurance that the CAPA system is being used
effectively to address and close product and process
non-conformances.You will need the following to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university
in a related technical field and 2-5 years of directly related
quality experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- General knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management System in a
- Demonstrated experience with in-depth problem solving and root
cause analysis such as 5 Whys, 8D, FMEA, etc.
- Mechanical background with some electronics and IPC experience
- Ability to read technical drawings, requirements, contracts,
specifications and schematics.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office and ERP systems.
- Proven success in a continuous improvement environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interface in a professional
manner with all levels of employees, management, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently in fast
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and 5S
- Experience in coordinating and managing calibration programs is
preferred.Volt is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: Volt, Poway , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!