Project Engineer - Army Programs
Company: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.We have an
exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer in the MQ-1C Army Gray
Eagle Aircraft/Airframe group to work on the next generation of
Army's remotely piloted aircraft. The position is responsible for
managing technical projects that develop, design, procure, and
integrate future capabilities into the Gray Eagle System. This
includes preparing engineering bids, developing and maintaining the
overall project schedule, identifying and communicating
system/sub-system requirements, coordinating design and analysis
across multiple engineering groups, reviewing technical solutions,
and supporting ground and flight test. DUTIES &
- Responsible for the aircraft subsystems including, but not
limited to composite airframe, mechanical systems, and aero
performance and control.
- Responsible for interacting with internal and external
representatives at various levels ensuring expectations are
transparent and effectively accomplished.
- Represent engineering to the Army Customer, Program Management,
manufacturing and the flight test facility.
- Manage product end of life plan and replacement
- Supports operation of engineering systems and documents any
- Devises new approaches to resolve unusual or complex
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements,
difficult coordination requirements, and special material
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as
- May represent the organization as the prime technical contact
on small contracts or single component projects.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a
team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
to apply.Job Qualifications:
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six
or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more
years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years
with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in
lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad
application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of
principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new
concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment;
organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the
appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the
project level to provide solutions to a range of complex
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work
independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks
in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the
organization as a prime technical contact and, lead a team of
moderately experienced professional employees on single component
- A Professional Engineering License and original work published
in professional engineering journals are desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Keywords: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc., Poway , Project Engineer - Army Programs, Engineering , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!