Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
Posted on: January 20, 2023
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.We have an
exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician to join our
Systems Integration Lab (SIL) support team, part of the larger
Software Engineering group. With general supervision, this position
is responsible for assisting in the development of proposal cost
estimates and the administration of ongoing projects.DUTIES AND
- Participate in phases of a projects life cycle ranging from
system architecture design, schematic creation, parts selection,
advises engineers during design, system integration, to system
verification/transitioning projects to other engineering
- Outstanding engineering technicians are self-starters with an
insatiable curiosity, a superb work ethic, and strong interpersonal
- Supports engineers to design, build, and test solutions to a
variety of technical problems.
- Inspecting inventory and reordering materials and technical
- May attend critical design review and program kickoffs with
engineering team members.
- As they gain experience and knowledge, they take on more
engineering support duties.
- Responsible for providing technical advice and assistance on
the acceptance, installation, operation, repair, and/or maintenance
of the assigned systems and associated support equipment.
- Functions as a technical expert on assigned systems.
- Provides both informal and on-the-job training for personnel
engaged in the operation, maintenance, and/or installation of these
- Discusses problems encountered and explains corrective
- Monitors operation, maintenance, and installation techniques
and procedures, providing timely advice, assistance, and
- Demonstrates operation and/or maintenance procedures as
necessary. From observation and written reports determine the need
for training for system operators and maintainers if other sources
of training are not available. Selects topics, prepares lesson
plans, designs training aids, and conduct classes.
- Evaluates operation, maintenance, and installation technical
manuals, handbooks, special procedures, other data sources in terms
of adequacy, completeness, and applicability, and provides
recommendations for correcting discovered discrepancies.
- Recommends specific solutions to all of the aforementioned
problems reported, including practical design modifications,
equipment transportation and/or storage issues, and any and all
logistics-related problems observed during system installation,
operation, maintenance, or testing.
- Engages in the actual repair of systems, as necessary,
demonstrating the use of special tools and fixtures, maintenance
techniques, and repair procedures. Provides instruction in the
proper use of maintenance manuals, technical data packages, and
other technical documentation.
- Will handle all tasks assigned by engineering team members,
while supporting day-to-day program objectives.
- Should demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering
terminology, and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to comprehend and deal with rapid changes, while
remaining calm and flexible in the face of uncertainty and/or
- Additional duties as assigned.We recognize and appreciate the
value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and
experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.39216Job
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or a
related technical discipline and a minimum of two or more years of
related experience. Equivalent professional experience may be
substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have experience in two or more of the following:
digital/analog electronics, software loading/configurations, system
assembly/troubleshooting, computer skills in a lab
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the
development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused.
- Possess the ability to identify issues, analyze data and
develop solutions to a variety of problems.
- Possess good analytical, verbal and written communication
skills to accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Good interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with
other professionals on the team.
- Strong computer skills as applied to a lab environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is
essential, as is the ability to work extended hours as
- Ability to obtain and main a secret security clearance.Desired
- Similar job related experience with avionics in
DoD/Aerospace/Aeronautical industry is highly desirable
- Experience with simulation hardware/software highly
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, strong inter-personal skills,
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and
schedulesSalary: $68,770 - $116,193 Travel Percentage Required 0 -
25 Relocation Assistance Provided Not Provided US Citizenship
Required? Yes Clearance Required? Desired Clearance Level Secret
Keywords: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies, Poway , Engineering Technician, Engineering , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!