Mechanical Engineering Designer
Company: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2023
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.We have an
exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineering Designer
within our GCS (Ground Control Station) Mechanical Engineering team
to support the development of our Ground Control Stations. These
are complex environments that involve a large cross-section of
advanced technology. With little direction, this position exercises
considerable latitude to provide technical design solutions for a
wide range of highly complex design problems as well as providing
leadership in developing effective design solutions for structural
products and components of products using PTC Creo Parametric
computer-aided design (CAD) software. Assignments are normally
outlined in terms of overall long-term objectives and anticipated
results. Work is reviewed at completion for adequacy in meeting
objectives. Responsible for documenting findings, communicating
results to senior engineering staff and making technical design
presentations as required. Acts as the primary technical contact to
senior internal and external personnel. Provides leadership to less
experienced designers and support staff. DUTIES AND
- Provides leadership in developing creative design solutions for
assigned structural products and components.
- Interacts with senior engineering staff on design concepts and
progress. Participates in design reviews.
- May be assigned design oversight of a significant project or
- Develops layouts, sketches, and drawings and responsible for
the group's tolerance analyses.
- Details related structural assemblies, mechanisms, and
- Validates conformity to design standards and specifications and
identifies design errors and other deficiencies, and recommends
- Provides documentation, identifies design issues, and makes
technical design presentations to management, engineering staff and
customers as required.
- Remains current in CAD techniques and any applicable state of
the art engineering design software applications.
- Provides leadership to less experienced designers and support
- Proficient with ANSI Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Familiar with EIA-310 19" rack standards.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.We
recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals
with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified
individuals to apply. Job Qualifications:
- Typically requires an Associate's degree or a certificate from
a recognized organization indicating completion of training in
ProEngineer, CATIA or IDEAS design software plus eight or more
years of progressive experience utilizing CAD software with at
least six months spent utilizing ProEngineer, CATIA, IDEAS or
related engineering design software. Additional education may be
substituted in lieu of work experience.
- Proficiency with PTC Creo Parametric CAD software is a highly
- Must have a complete and in-depth understanding of engineering
design concepts and principles and possess the ability to
understand new concepts quickly, applying them accurately
throughout an evolving environment.
- Must be able to organize, schedule, and coordinate work
- Must also be able to determine the appropriate approach at the
task level or at the project level to provide innovative solutions
to a wide range of highly complex and diverse problems.
- Must have strong communication, documentation, presentation,
and interpersonal skills, and excellent computer skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and be
able to work extended hours as required.Salary:$87,070 -
Keywords: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc., Poway , Mechanical Engineering Designer, Engineering , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!