Project Manager I, Moving & Installation
Posted on: November 21, 2020
The Project Manager I is responsible for managing small to
medium size move and install projects where a Project Manager is
required. Responsible for bringing the job in under the bid.
Supervises move and install crews through project completion for
commercial customers and teaches and trains crews to insure quality
work is performed. May perform general manual labor and office
furniture installation tasks as needed. General manual labor may
include loading, unloading, lifting, and moving office furniture
and materials. May be required to drive trucks up to Class A if
qualified and approved. Responsible for assuring a quality move for
the customer, providing outstanding customer service, and assisting
the move process by communicating with the supervisor, the customer
and other crew members. Hours will vary. Reliable transportation is
required for this position.
- Manage small move and install projects to insure complete
- Supervise movers and installers as required to perform a
quality job for the customer.
- Obtain daily work assignments from dispatch or operations
- Complete all paperwork accurately and neatly and turns into
- Train crew in proper handling and safety techniques.
- May install system walls and splines, handle and stage
products, perform detail work and trash-out functions on install
projects, if qualified.
- May drive tucks up to and including Class A vehicles, if a
qualified and approved driver.
- Set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture,
equipment and boxes as required.
- Load and unload trucks from loading dock, using ramps or on
lift-gates to protect goods being moved and supervises others doing
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Inventory all major brands of systems furniture.
- Perform minor repairs and cleaning of furniture systems.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging
locations and changes.
- Complete red-line and stick drawings as needed.
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at Corovan dispatch office or on-site at client location
in complete uniform.
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay
until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- 1 year conducting pre-move meetings, managing post destination
signage and communicating standard move and install protocols to
customers or related experience
- 1 year estimating small to medium move and install projects to
determine manpower, trucks and equipment necessary to complete the
tasks required or related experience
- Previous commercial and/or household installation experience
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature
and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three
major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth.
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and 150 pounds
- Own and bring to work every day, a complete set of installation
tools as defined in Corovan installation policy is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures,
work instructions, install plans and timesheets.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret the legend on
installation drawings and read both standard and metric tape
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Familiar with and able to train other using various moving
equipment and its proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads,
straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates, and all
specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts,
Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc. is preferred
- Familiar with basic systems furniture nomenclature and be able
to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three major
manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth is
- Familiar with project management reports such as Gantt and Pert
charts and understand and interpret cut sheets is preferred.
- Must be able to produce detailed inventories of all goods
exposed to on O&I and install projects.
- Must be able to accurately estimate small move and install
projects to determine manpower, trucks and equipment necessary to
complete the tasks required.
- Must be qualified to do light rigging of heavy and bulky
machines up to 5000 lbs
- Familiar with the Corovan Order Entry System and be able to
perform planning& dispatch functions if necessary is
- Must be able to conduct a customer pre-move meeting, post
destination signage and communicate all standard move and install
protocol to the customers.
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab
equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect
and must possess good customer service skills is preferred.
- Familiar with the O&I (Office& Industrial) move process and
understand the move labeling and directional signage is
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include
walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May
include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150
pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May
also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up
to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or
on a lift-gate.Additional InformationUpon offer, the Company
conducts a comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug
test.Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The Company provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.Proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to
Keywords: Corovan, Poway , Project Manager I, Moving & Installation, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!