IT Asset Manager
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Asset Manager to join our
ITS organization located in Poway, CA. This position is responsible
for planning and managing the administration of software asset life
cycle management activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development of current, annual, and
long-term software asset management objectives.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, and recording software
license assets to ensure compliance with
product usage agreements.
- Typically represents the unit with vendor while ensuring
technical quality and excellence are maintained.
- May accomplish objectives through professional staff or team
- May be responsible for decisions that have a serious impact on
- Lead and coordinate all the software asset life cycle
management activities to ensure department
objectives are accomplished.
- Administer and execute polices, processes, and procedures for
software asset management.
- Ensure timely and accurate planning, tracking, analysis and
reporting of software assets.
- Participate in the development, recommendation and maintenance
of policy and guidelines.
- Provide leadership over the software asset life cycle
management function to ensure requirements
are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Interpret IT asset licensing requirements and provide asset
- Monitor software inventory levels, ensuring appropriate
thresholds are on hand.
- Lead and coordinate virtual and physical audits of IT software
and enforce processes and
procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with the development of reporting to address business
- Represent the group as a contact with internal and external
representatives; make internal and
external presentations as required.
- Actively participate in the planning, attraction, selection,
retention and development of personnel.
- Provide direction to subordinates for the purpose of
accomplishing department goals and developing
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in in Computer Science,
Business Administration or related field and nine or more years of
progressive information technology experience in a corporate
environment with at least three of those years managing information
technology personnel and projects. May substitute equivalent
experience in lieu of education.
- Must have detailed knowledge in the application of information
technology principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as
comprehensive project leadership skills including organizing,
planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet
- Must be able to resolve complex management and technical
- Must be able to serve as spokesperson on information technology
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated
basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours
and travel as required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Poway , IT Asset Manager, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!