Mechanical Engineering Manager
Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Posted: 11/29/2021 Employment Type: Direct Placement Category:
Architectural and Engineering Managers Job Number: 92151 Job
Oversee the PnP Mechanical Engineering (ME) team of 12+ mechanical
engineering team members at the Poway innovation center,
responsible for the development of semiconductor test handling
equipment for the semiconductor industry. Drive ME processes,
mentor MEs, provide leadership and innovative direction for ME
designs, and provide staffing for projects. Work in concert with
functional engineering leader (product, systems, software, vision,
thermal, SQA, kits and electrical engineering), operations,
quality, sales, technical support, and field service to resolve
issues and ensure products meet specifications, quality
requirements, and are delivered on time and within budget.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Oversee, develop, and streamline ME processes to ensure that
MEs apply best practices in designs, design reviews, engineering
analysis, and release documentations.
- Provide support, open communication channel, and mentorship to
the ME team. Communicate to direct reports and align staff on
goals, business objectives and priorities.
- Provide leadership, coaching, guidance, mentoring, training,
and performance management to ensure retention, growth and
development of mechanical engineering team members and direct
reports. Provide insights and ideas to enhance performance
outcomes. Mentor and coach new mechanical engineers on best known
methods (BKM) and design practices. Function as
administrative/personnel manager for direct reports. -
- Evaluate all project requirements, work with Project Managers
on project scope, and provide ME staffing to the project
- Ensure mechanical engineering projects and tasks are done to
company standards, delivered on time and to the schedule with
completed documentation. Review designs to ensure quality, cost and
tolerances adherence to the system and customer requirements and
specifications. Review design for manufacturing (DFM) for Asia
- Work in concert and collaborate with functional engineering
teams (product, systems, software, vision, thermal, SQA, kits and
electrical engineering) to ensure project design and delivery
objectives are met within resources, budget, and scheduling
- Oversee the design review process with key stakeholders in the
company and with customers. Adhere to the Product Development
Process (PDP) to ensure achievement of high-quality standards and
- Effectively utilize project management tools: systems,
processes, ECOs, and the PDP process
- Take initiative and support the strategy, architecture, and
development of innovative technologies and mechanical engineering
solutions within the PnP business. Collaborate with other business
units within, on product/mechanical platform engineering and
Centers of Excellent (COEs) as required. -
- Attract, build, and retain a highly skilled, global development
and support team, setting and maintaining high standards in a
collaborative team environment. Hire and allocate staff as defined
on the product development roadmaps
- Proactively seek continuous improvement.
- Manage and maintain Engineering budget ME (Labor / Material /
- Travel to Customer & company Factory & Development Centers
across Europe, Asia, USA. Travel as needed to satellite development
centers to drive discipline and mechanical engineering results and
outcomes on time and within budget.
- Review status updates on fabrication, operation, application,
installation, and/or repair of handlers as it relates to
design/engineering issues; identify root cause of quality
engineering issues and oversee the resolution and subsequent ECOs
required to resolve.
- Bachelor' s degree in mechanical engineering required, Master'
s degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus.
- Requires 10+ years of progressive experience in mechanical
engineering- specific experience in test handling equipment,
factory automation, or similar semiconductor or other equipment
experience required. Development experience of major
electro-mechanical systems and/or semiconductor automation
equipment of similar scale required. Proven experience taking a
design from concept thru to manufacturing and delivery to a
- Knowledgeable of factory automation and systems engineering in
the semiconductor industry a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years of developmental engineering
managerial experience, including Agile methodology.
- Process oriented, analytical thinker - problem solver.
- Highly organized w/excellent follow through and follow up
- Results and on-time-delivery oriented individual.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on a variety of
duties and work requests. Self-motivated, works well under pressure
with changing priorities and demanding workloads.
- Exceptional project, interpersonal, communication and people
management skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical
and user-friendly language, in both oral and written form.
Experience developing and delivering technical presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of products, including MS Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Project, OneNote, and related software
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks 3D modeling and have in depth
understanding of FEA simulation tools.
Job Conditions/Physical Demands: Office environment. Ability to sit
for prolonged period at desk, use computer keyboard, minimal
exertion. Ability to travel up to 20% of time including travel to
international locations including Europe and Asia.
Protective Devices Required: In designated areas.
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.
Related Jobs: There are currently no related jobs. Please sign up
for Job -Alerts . Login to save this search and get notified of
similar positions. PEAK is eager to comply with our very stringent
requirements and do so with professionalism and accuracy. Their
rates are very competitive. Take control of your career! Join the
team as a recruiter at PEAK and build the future of your
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Poway , Mechanical Engineering Manager, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!