Director Operations - Membrane
Company: Carlisle Syntec Systems
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM) , a global leader in the
building materials industry, is in search of a Director of
Operations for its Roofing Membrane Businesses. CCM is the largest
division of Carlisle Companies, a diversified business of highly
engineered products and solutions covering architectural &
construction materials, aerospace & medical technologies, fluid
control, and brake & friction systems. 2020 sales of $4.3B,
operations in 37 countries, and 18k people. CCM is growing rapidly
with 5 major business units and 70+ manufacturing locations across
North America and Europe. As the Director of Operations for Roofing
Membrane, you will be responsible for the largest CCM business unit
representing +$900M in revenue, 5 NA facilities, and 1,100
associates, manufacturing high quality commercial materials for the
commercial building industry. The Membrane Division has already
identified over $100M in capital projects for capacity expansion
with industry leading technology being installed over the next 2
years. You will support organic and inorganic growth while
implementing world class lean manufacturing concepts and
maintaining the company's ultimate goal of providing our customers
the perfect Carlisle Experience. Due to continued growth,
management of capacity and required capital expansion will be a key
responsibilities along with near- and long-term strategic planning,
ensuring facilities operate with excellence (safety, quality,
delivery, and cost), manage teams with mutual trust, respect and
integrity, and support businesses toward profitable growth. Job
- Drive results and regularly review metrics relating to Safety,
Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Lead and mentor Plant Managers in achieving business targets
and financial metrics
- Support CCM's Lean initiatives (Carlisle Operating System) --
to include PD projects, MDI, 5S, TPM, kaizen and best practice
sharing amongst plants.
- Collaborate with sales, demand/supply planning, engineering,
safety, quality and other cross functional teams to proactively
develop companywide manufacturing product and service
- Drive consistency in structure and operational practices as
acquisitions of like businesses are made.
- Champion annual efforts to build the Polyurethane and Rubber
operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for analyzing technology, resource needs, and
market demand to plan and assess the feasibility of company
- Ensure facilities are following all OSHA and company required
safety programs, policies, and practices, including but not limited
to those activities to fully engage all team members.
- Ensure facilities safely follow all environmental rules in
compliance with federal, state and local laws and share best
practices across the organization.
- Interview, hire, and facilitate training for additions to the
operations leadership team.
- Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership
team. Requirements Core Competencies:
- Team oriented and trusted leader with an ability to align
- Analyze P&L or budget reports to assess business health and
identify improvement opportunities
- Create and maintain relationships with supporting departments,
sales groups and various material and equipment suppliers
- Ability to quickly gain input, make decisions, and assure
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Ability to effectively present to large groups.
- Performance assessment, feedback and accountability.
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing concepts and tools -
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related
- 10 + years of experience managing large plant operations
- Strong analytical skills and strong working knowledge of data
- Strong transferable knowledge of lean principles and continuous
- Strong safety orientation and ability to hold team
- Proven and effective decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage operational process for
maximum efficiency and productivity
- Shown ability to set strategy and lead a large diverse
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in integrating acquisitions a plus (but not
required) When you join CCM, you'll become part of a team that
looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work.
We think we've got something pretty special here, and our employees
seem to agree. Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off -- Hard work should be rewarded. You'll receive paid
vacation and a generous amount of paid holidays. Healthcare -- We
offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle.
CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost. Retirement Fund -- Save
for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We'll match a
portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training -- We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer
dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement -- Ready to get the degree? We'll pick up 90%
of your tuition cost. Idea Teams -- You can be part of helping us
solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next
break-through innovation. Carlisle has been notified of an
employment scam where individuals posing as Carlisle employees
offer unauthorized career opportunities. Carlisle will not hire
employees without in-person or video correspondence, and email
correspondence will always be from @carlisleCCM.com . For your
safety, if you are unsure about an opportunity, please contact us
at email@example.com . If you feel you have been a victim of fraud
you should contact the FBI or the FTC .
Keywords: Carlisle Syntec Systems, Poway , Director Operations - Membrane, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!