Account Manager I, Commercial Moving & Installation
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The Account Manager is responsible for the management of the
accounts with regards to customer satisfaction, profit margin,
quality and safety. He/she builds and maintains relationship with
customers, subcontractors and other vendors, i.e. security,
furniture vendors, construction contractors and facility
management. Also manages account personnel to be in compliant with
all company's policies and procedures. Account Manager is also
responsible for reporting and escalating any related issues about
account to Transportation Manager.
Account Manager is responsible for large sized move and install
projects where an Account Manager is required. He/she oversees
large move and install crews to complete projects for commercial
customers. He/she also trains staffs to insure quality work is
performed. Responsible to insure the customer's complete
Reports to the Transportation Manager.
- Ensure all projects and work orders are staffed properly.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly work orders and projects with
Transportation Manager, on site security, facilities and any other
- Attend review meetings with customer and facilities.
- Develop best practices and resolve issues timely.
- Develop and maintain customer's onsite requirements for
policies, procedures, safety and securities.
- Ensure all assigned onsite personnel are properly trained
regarding customer's policies, procedures, safety and
- Report all violations of company policies and customer's
- Collect and report required data for customer's KPI for
quarterly business reviews.
- Attend weekly transportation coordination meeting with
- Follow and enforce company dress code.
- Ensure customer's billing schedule requirements are met.
- Ensure account receivable does not exceed 45 days.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs. Basic
- Bachelor Degree; or related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years conducting pre-move meetings, managing post destination
signage and communicating standard move and install protocols to
customers or related experience
- 1 year estimating small to medium move and install projects to
determine manpower, trucks and equipment necessary to complete the
tasks required or related experience Preferred Qualifications
- Previous commercial and/or household installation experience
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature
and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three
major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth. Other
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and 150 pounds
- Own and bring to work every day, a complete set of installation
tools as defined in Corovan installation policy is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures,
work instructions, install plans and timesheets.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret the legend on
installation drawings and read both standard and metric tape
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Familiar with and able to train other using various moving
equipment and its proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads,
straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates, and all
specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts,
Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc. is preferred
- Familiar with basic systems furniture nomenclature and be able
to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three major
manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth is
- Familiar with project management reports such as Gantt and Pert
charts and understand and interpret cut sheets is preferred.
- Must be able to produce detailed inventories of all goods
exposed to on O&I and install projects.
- Must be able to accurately estimate small move and install
projects to determine manpower, trucks and equipment necessary to
complete the tasks required.
- Must be qualified to do light rigging of heavy and bulky
machines up to 5000 lbs
- Familiar with the Corovan Order Entry System and be able to
perform planning & dispatch functions if necessary is
- Must be able to conduct a customer pre-move meeting, post
destination signage and communicate all standard move and install
protocol to the customers.
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab
equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect
and must possess good customer service skills is preferred.
- Familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process
and understand the move labeling and directional signage is
preferred. Pay & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include
walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May
include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150
pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May
also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up
to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or
on a lift-gate.
Additional Information Upon offer, the Company conducts a
comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to
Keywords: Corovan, Poway , Account Manager I, Commercial Moving & Installation, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!