Associate Director - Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Modeler
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: May 6, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAssociate Director, Quantitative Systems
Pharmacology ModelerAre you looking for a patient-focused,
innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to
shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Systems Pharmacology
Modeler in our Cambridge, MA office.At Takeda, we are transforming
the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market
leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower
our people to realize their potential through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers,
encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we
do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our
global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver
Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
- The Quantitative Solutions department of Takeda Pharmaceuticals
is seeking a mechanistic modeler to support global drug development
by building models for novel therapeutic agents to treat various
gastrointestinal diseases including liver disease and diseases that
result from abberant immune activation within the gut.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with preclinical
research and drug discovery, DMPK, clinical pharmacology, clinical
research, nonclinical drug safety, translational medicine and
pharmacovigilance to develop mathematical models to understand the
targeted biological pathways and exposure-response/safety
relationship of novel therapeutic agents.
- The candidate will also be responsible for implementing the
right modeling & simulation strategy to assist with drug
development, establish PK/PD relationships and create mechanistic
pharmacology/toxicology models to support project needs.
- Essential qualifications include in-depth understanding of
biochemistry, immunology, numerical methods, as well as hands-on
experience with modeling software, and ability to clearly present
modeling and simulation findings. -POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- This is an exciting opportunity at the interface between
clinical pharmacology, clinical research, nonclinical drug safety,
drug discovery, drug metabolism, translational medicine and
pharmacovigilance to influence drug development.
- The candidate is expected to design and build translational
PK/PD and mechanistic or platforms models to assist with safety
margin selection, study design and biomarker selectionEDUCATION,
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D/Pharm.D/M.D with training in chemical or biomedical
engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, mathematics, statistics, or
equivalent area with at least 7 years of post-graduate industry or
academic experience in mathematical modeling of biological systems.
Job title is flexible based on experience.
- Strong competency in coding and running modeling and simulation
related software such as Matlab, NONMEM, Phoenix Winnonlin and R is
- Publication(s) applying modeling and simulation approaches to
gastrointestinal diseases and immunology is preferred.
- Proficiency with systems modeling approaches such as
differential equation, logic, stochastic, agent-based, or other
advanced mechanistic modeling approaches is essential.
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking and strong
analytical skills to evaluate complex information to identify key
scientific questions related to projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while
meeting project deadlines.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach ProgramsEmpowering Our People to
ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
- In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, -Colorado Applicants
Are Not Permitted to Apply.#LI-KBEEO StatementTakeda is proud in
its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status,
national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic
information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam
era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran
in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and
any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MASan
Diego, CAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Poway , Associate Director - Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Modeler, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!