Environmental Health U& Safety Manager
Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Functions as plant' s first authority in all matters related to
environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Acts as liaison with all Federal, State and local
environmental, health & safety agencies and coordinates all
necessary reporting requirements. Contributes to the attainment of
plant safety goals.
- Assists management in the development, implementation, review
and continuous improvement of EHS policies, procedures and
programs. Functions plant-wide on specific project assignments
related to EHS requirements.
- Under Integrated Management System (IMS), the EH&S Manager
is responsible for ensuring that assigned processes conforms to the
requirements of ISO 9001: 2015/14001: 2015 and is established,
implemented, and maintained in a planned and systematic
- Must establish and maintain the leadership responsibilities and
authority necessary to ensure commitment to supporting the
requirements of the Integrated Management System.
- Under Quality and Environmental Objectives for TMUS as defined
in QS PR 2000, this position will be responsible in meeting
requirements for products/processes, which include monitoring and
reporting to top management on the performance and environmental
management system as well as any need for improvement to the
- The work schedule for this position is typically Monday through
Friday and may require performing work outside of normal business
hours, including weekends. Some travel may be required when
1. Manages implements and maintains required EHS operational
processes to ensure company and employee awareness, comprehension
and adherence to approved environmental, health and safety
2. Ensures compliance with regulations enforced through the
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), California
OSHA, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), California EPA, San
Diego County Air Pollution Control District (APCD) and all other
state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to safety and the
3. Maintains all required environmental permits (Air Permit,
Industrial Wastewater Discharge, etc.) to ensure plant
4. Prepares, coordinates, and enforces all environmental, health
and safety policy with emphasis on employee safety, protection of
health and ecosystems as well as compliance with environmental and
health regulations to establish a culture of health and safety.
5. Administration of the ISO 14001 based environmental management
system. Defining, developing and implementing necessary
environmental practices, procedures, and legal requirements as
required to maintain ISO 14001 certification.
6. Conducts oversight EHS and EMS inspections/audits of operations
and subcontractors to ensure compliance to contract performance
requirements and applicable EHS laws, regulations, and standards
and to identify occupational and environmental hazards and
implement programs to eliminate them.
7. Maintain the accident/injury log such as the OSHA Form 300 and
HQ Safety Data.
8. Furnish timely advice to management on the environmental, health
and safety impact and exposure risks related to operations and/or
changes in processes.
9. Communicate and ensure compliance with Local, State & Federal
authorities and regulators on company matters.
10. Reviews the design and construction of new equipment,
facilities and processes to ensure they meet safety and
11. Prepare applications for permits to install, operate or modify
pollution control systems.
12. Develops and administers training programs for safety and
environment, designed to ensure overall plant safety and
environmental commitment and enhance awareness throughout the
13. Coordinates the training of personnel to develop safe work
practices and reduce the risks of exposure to any hazards in the
14. Ensures expedient injury and incident trend and causal analysis
and reporting to management and HQ, including recommendations to
address identified issues.
15. Work closely with President, VP of Operations, HR Manager, and
Corporate Safety Manager to cultivate Client Safety Culture.
16. Research and implement innovative waste handling and treatment
systems to achieve waste minimization goals and reduce costs.
17. Communicate with management on matters of importance related to
compliance, protection of assets or the health and wellbeing of
18. Establish and maintain open communication process with all
employees as necessary to assure the identification and correction
of employee safety, health and environmental concerns. -
19. Maintains awareness of regulatory changes and disseminates
safety-related bulletins, technical changes and literature to work
20. Reviews all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed
work for safety related issues and communicates all on-site safety
requirements to contractors.
21. Answers customer requests for statements on product compliance
related to environmental guidelines.
22. Performs ergonomic surveys of employee workstations to
intervene and prevent potential ergonomic and Musculoskeletal
Disorders (MSDs) 23. Establish and maintain effective relationships
with Operations, Managers, Supervisors and employees.
24. Assist in the oversight of the Worker' s Compensation program
and Return to Work program.
25. Assist in maintaining Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Other Essential Functions:
1. Adhering to clients Attendance Policy, ensuring that an
acceptable record of attendance and punctuality is maintained.
Follow established notification process when reporting an
2. Understanding and adhering to clients environmental, health and
safety requirements. This includes wearing PPE (personal protective
equipment) when entering or working in designated areas where PPE
is required. When known, report work-related illnesses or injuries
immediately to Supervisor
3. All other duties and accountabilities not listed above, as
Skills and Experience Required
1. Minimum Education (or substitute experience):
AA Degree in a related field or 5 years of active work experience
in a manufacturing environment or similar.
2. Minimum Work Experience: Five (5) years of relevant
environmental safety and occupational safety and health
3. Skills Required:
a. Proficient with Federal and California OSHA regulations and
requirements, particularly as they relate to occupational and
industrial safety and health practices
b. Proficient and knowledgeable with DTSC and California EPA laws,
regulations and compliance requirements for hazardous material
(HAZMAT) and hazardous waste (HAZMAT) management
c. Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
d. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
e. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
f. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
g. Effective interpersonal skills
4. Preferred Education, Experience and/or Skills: -
a.BA/BS in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or
related field required.
b. Dept. of Labor CalOSHA Standards for General Industry 5119
c. Osha 30 Hour certification
d. Title 22 Certificate
e. ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certificate
f. 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate
g. Annual 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher
h. 49 CFR DOT HM certificate
i. Powered Industrial Lift Truck Trainer certificate
5. Other (Licenses, Certificates, Degrees or Credentials): a.
Certified safety designation of some type ( CSP, COSM, CSHM, CSMP,
Physical Job Description
1. Typical Working Conditions. Describe environment including
exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.: a.
approximately 50% of time in a controlled environment office
setting and 50% of time in the production area b. Travel is rare
although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
2. Equipment Used.
a. Noise survey meter
b. Wet Globe Bulb Thermometer
c. Powered Industrial Lift truck
3. Essential Physical Tasks.
a. Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and move up to 25 pounds
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.
Related Jobs: There are currently no related jobs. Please sign up
for Job -Alerts . Login to save this search and get notified of
similar positions. Take control of your career! Join the team as a
recruiter at PEAK and build the future of your dreams.
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Poway , Environmental Health U& Safety Manager, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!