Company: Liberty Diversified International
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARYThe General Manager for Poway
oversees the Liberty Packaging South Poway flagship site. The
General Manager establishes and executes the strategy for the site
in line with that of the broader Packaging South region, optimizing
operations to achieve excellent production and financial
outcomes.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure resources and management are aligned with business
strategy. Accountable for profitability of the site; works to
ensure strong return on capital and labor investments and overall
growth of site's business, profitability, and customer base.
- Collaborates with leaders and sales to identify opportunities
and capabilities to develop in their teams and functions, whether
related to people, supply, demand, or production. Identifies
potential areas of growth, optimization, risks, and threats to the
business and proactively drives resolution.
- Overall management and accountability for the site's budget and
- Proactively monitors and measures the health of Poway's
business metrics; responsible for coaching, counseling, and
managing leaders via timely feedback and development.
- Drive and implement continuous improvement throughout the
- Identifies and champions capital projects for the site.
- Partners with HR to drive leader development and bench
strength, succession planning, and employee performance and talent
and skill development.
- Works with Sales and Customer Service teams to coordinate and
inform operations, factoring in labor, freight, and machine
utilization to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Drives accountability within site and functional leadership to
identify and address trends and broader issues in customer
diversification or demand, as well as the supply of labor,
materials, or shipping.
- Consistent implementation of corporate mission, philosophy,
values, ethics and culture.
- Ensures compliance with corporate, legal, and regulatory
- Other duties, as required.Required SkillsREQUIRED EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years' experience in manufacturing; 5+ at the leader level.
Three-shift experience a strong plus.
- Experience with direct P&L responsibility and
ownership.PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in leading complex projects and initiatives in a
- Ability to effectively plan strategy to meet business goals,
and to lead execution of strategy via action plans, KPIs, and
through management of others.
- 5+ years' experience in the corrugated/converting industry
- Excellent communication skills. Strong ability to communicate a
broader narrative around metrics and financial results; to coach,
persuade, negotiate, and get buy in from others.
- Ability to demonstrate and model ownership for decisions and
actions; and to facilitate a culture of purpose, urgency,
accountability and teamwork towards shared goals.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Able to effectively coach, persuade, and direct others.
- Able to collaborate effectively with other functions and senior
leaders to achieve business goals and drive continuous process
- Able to recognize and remedy gaps in communication and
leadership to ensure effective operations.
- Ability to effectively plan business strategy to meet financial
and growth goals, and to lead execution of strategy via action
plans, KPIs, and through management of others.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTSThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision;
able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye
coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching,
pushing, pulling, grasping, and gripping.ABOUT OUR
COMPANY:Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New
Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a
privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across
our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core
business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois,
Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With
deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate
in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products,
corrugated plastics and building products.Since 1918, our values -
Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence - have guided our
day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are
aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service
for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty
Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and
Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.--- --- --- Liberty
Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and
makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex,
religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, disability, or any other protected class.
Keywords: Liberty Diversified International, Poway , General Manager, Executive , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!