Surgery Scheduler/ Medical Assistant - Gastroenterology
Company: Arch Health Partners Inc
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Palomar Health Medical Group is looking for talented,
compassionate, and qualified individuals to join us in our mission
to provide quality medical care and promote health and wellness in
the communities we serve!We are a multi-specialty, not-for-profit
medical group, formed in 2019 by the affiliation of two of North
San Diego Countys largest multi-specialty groups, Graybill Medical
Group and Arch Health Medical Group. Through a combined 170
physicians and advanced practitioners and 22 locations in North San
Diego and South Riverside Counties, we are able to provide
comprehensive medical care to meet every family members needs,
including Urgent, Primary, and Specialty Care. We are affiliated
with the Palomar Healthcare District.We currently have a great
opportunity for a full-time Medical Assistant /Surgery
Scheduler.Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Thoroughly and accurately obtains chief complaint and pertinent
information from patient. Communicates information to health care
- Ensures and facilitates patient flow.
- Performs set-up and assists physician/PA/NP with procedures and
- Observes patient and reports changes in patient condition.
- Documents patient care, response to care, and telephone
- Prepares lab and X-ray results for physician review.
- Sets up and re-stocks exam room.
- Prepares and processes instruments.
- Participates in patient call-backs.
- Correctly inputs patient information into EHR.
- Will be responsible for insurance verification.
- Schedule procedures at various locations according to provider
- Book, coordinate and reschedule patient appointments in regards
to surgeries or tests.
- Contact referring physician offices regarding referrals.
- Verifies necessary demographic and clinical information in
- Maintains and updates current information on physicians
schedules, ensuring that patients are scheduled
- High School diploma or GED and completion of accredited medical
- 2 years clinical back office experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of procedure scheduling terminology and
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Experience with Electronic Health Record system such as
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, respect, and
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others; use discretion in handling difficult
- Excellent organization and time management skillsPalomar Health
Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits program that
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company -paid Basic Term Life and Long-term Disability
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Assistance
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- Pet insurance
- Gym discounts
- Plus, much more!Palomar Health Medical Group maintains a
drug-free workplace and smoke free working environment. Employees
are required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Palomar Health Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
values diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Arch Health Partners Inc, Poway , Surgery Scheduler/ Medical Assistant - Gastroenterology, Healthcare , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!