LVN - Family Practice
Company: Palomar Health Medical Group
Posted on: May 7, 2022
- Prepare patients for physicians, physician assistants, nurse
practitioners and cares for patients during treatment; administers
medications subcutaneous, intramuscularly, intradermal, subdermal,
- Take temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure of
patients as necessary; applies and changes dressings; may collect
specimens for laboratory analysis; assists physicians, mid-level
providers, and registered nurses in performing examinations, tests
- Administer electrocardiograms/other diagnostic testing, ear
lavages, IVs, and nebulizer treatments.
- Maintain clinical records and reports (electronically).
- Review patient charts to determine what type of treatment the
patient may require.
- Monitor the electronic medical record inbox for referrals,
office procedure, and diagnostics.
- Request insurance referrals through various insurance
- Order medical supplies.
- Renew prescriptions for providers who are out of the
- Call patients for follow-ups.
- Maintain logs for narcotics and the auto crash cart.
Speak and read English at a level that is sufficient to
satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position.
Knowledge of standard office equipment (i.e., calculator, fax,
photocopier) and personal computer and computer software skills
(i.e., MS Windows, Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint, internet,
e-mail). Windows computer skills including proficient use of
keyboarding, use of mouse or keys for functions such as selecting
items, use of drop down menus, scroll bars, opening folders,
copying and similar operations required upon employment or within
the 1st two weeks of employment to perform the essential functions
of the job. Performs other duties as assigned. Follows Palomar
Health Medical Group rules, policies, procedures, applicable laws
and standards. Carries out the mission, vision, and quality
commitment of Palomar Health Medical Group.Job RequirementsMinimum
Education: As required by certification and/or licensure
Preferred Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Experience: 0 - 12 months
Preferred Experience: 1 year related
Required Certification: American Heart Association recognized BLS -
Preferred Certification: Not Applicable
Required License: Current CA LVN License
Preferred License: Not Applicable
Keywords: Palomar Health Medical Group, Poway , LVN - Family Practice, Healthcare , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!