Surgical Technologist II
Posted on: January 18, 2023
$3,000 sign-on bonus eligible position! -Under close
supervision, assists during surgery as a member of the surgical
team by preparing and organizing operating room prior to surgery,
selecting and passing instruments during surgical procedures,
maintaining operating room in aseptic condition following
established policies and procedures; and assists with patient care
during and after surgery Conforms to prescribed policies and
procedures regarding aseptic techniques. Maintains cooperative,
courteous relationship with the patients, public, and other
personnel. -Essential Responsibilities:
- Assists physician during surgery as a member of surgical
- Passes instruments and supplies as directed. Scrubs and
conforms to sterile technique for each procedure.
- Assists in draping the patient.
- Provides proper retraction of tissue.
- At the direction of the surgeon, can hold retractor (but cannot
- Assists in controlling hemostasis by applying a Bovie to a
clamp as the direction of the surgeon.
- Assists with sponging, suctioning, and performing sponge,
needle/sharp, and instrument counts.
- Prepares suture for closure of surgical incision.
- Applies proper surgical dressing as directed by physician
(wound healing and dressings).
- Recognizes, responds to, and assists in acute emergency
situations following established procedures and policies.
- Hold and position video camera under direction of the
- Check surgeon's preference cards and prepare sterile setup for
- Count with circulating nurse, before she/he preps the
- Be accountable for items required for documentation on that
- Anticipate wants of surgeon and keep adequate sutures and
- Keep "Mayo Stand" and "Back table" neat and orderly, make sure
that there are no loose needles on the field.
- Confirm all specimens with the surgeon.
- Handoff specimen's to the circulator prior to the end of the
case or earlier if direction of the surgeon.
- Takes all instruments to workroom for washing or places in cart
to return to SPD.
- Remove suction bottles, etc., disposes of any contaminated
- Adheres to methods of sterilization, disinfecting, antisepsis &
- Packaging, storing and dispensing surgery supplies.
- Principals for maintaining environmental safety: including
handing of surgical specimens and body fluids.
- Required counts.
- Electrical and radiation hazards, fire safety.
- Drains, tubes, and collection mechanisms, catheters.
- Modes of transportation to and from the O.R., including ICU
- Patient care and emergency procedures.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Assists surgeons with surgical procedures, in other patient
areas according to patient needs, i.e. toucheostoy and PDA repair
- Other duties as assigned or required.Additional Surgical
Technologist II duties include: -Restocking surgical supplies
-Assisting in creating inventory lists -Assisting with setting par
levels (so co-workers can also restock) -Assisting with education
and in-services when requesting by management and co-workers -Works
with management on re-organization of work environment / storage
spaces -Takes call -Ability to scrub all cases -Acts as
preceptor/trainee for surgical technician students and new surgical
technician staffBasic Qualifications:Experience
- One (1) year of operating room or military equivalent
experience in scrub role within the last two (2) years or recent
completion of operating room training program.Education
- N/A.License, Certification, Registration
- CST Certification.
- CPR (BLS).
- Newly hired surgical technicians (beginning 01/01/06) will be
required to become CST certified within six (6) months of hire.
- Ability to scrub all types of surgical cases except open
- N/A.Job Schedule: Job Category: Clinical Support, Surgical
Keywords: Kaiser, Poway , Surgical Technologist II, Healthcare , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!