Deltek IT Database Administrator
Company: Pkl Services Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Date Revised: 09/27/2021Position: Deltek/Information Technology
(IT) Database AdministratorDepartment: Finance/ContractsReports to:
TBDJob Code: Full Time Equivalent (FTE)Classification:
ExemptSummary:The Deltek/Information Technology (IT) Administrator
is responsible for PKLs databases that store our business data.
Since information storage is critical to many companies, database
administrator qualifications tend to require individuals to be
highly trained in computer systems and to have obtained a college
degree and experience to work in this field. The IT Administrator
is a key member of the PKL team to support the IT function within
the Corporate headquarters at PKL Services Inc. located in Poway,
California (CA).Task and Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for Deltek Costpoint web-based
program, OnBase software, and other internal IT system software as
- Identify user needs to create, modify, administer databases or
- Manage application security (create/modify/deactivate user
accounts, assign/audit passwords and access).
- Manage Deltek-related data models in Cognos to include
- Install SQL Server and Deltek-related application patches.
- Monitor project management (Deltek patching, Cognos changes).
- Manage any existing programmed interfaces/processes.
- Create any additional interfaces/processes, as user needs
- Deltek-related report creation/modification.
- Coordinate and manage all system installations, patches, and
- Responsible for storing, organizing, presenting, using, and
analyzing data and database management software.
- Manage and maintain software databases, such as library
catalogues, user accounts, census information, statistical surveys,
and client records in Deltek Costpoint.
- Manage and maintain software databases in OnBase and provide
support for user accounts, bulk form uploads, and troubleshooting
coordination with IT team.
- Coordinate and manage service support in case of any
emergencies or system failures.
- Regularly performs routine tests and modifications to ensure
that a database is performing and running correctly.
- Train functions in Train & Evaluation (T&E).
- Train general Deltek-related troubleshooting.
- Routinely discusses and coordinates security measures with
other administrators in the company.
- Develop high level reports using Cognos database.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.Required educational /
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology (IT) or Major in
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (U.S.).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with Deltek
- Deltek software patching.
- Deltek-related security setup.
- Basic Cognos report writing.
- Basic Cognos data model customization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with a thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and effective
working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to regularly interact with managers and employees
across all levels of the company.Preferred experiential background:
- Must have a thorough understanding of all the database
- SQL Server administration
- SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)
- NET (plus)
- Creation of Stored Procedures, Job creation/management
- Database Management Systems (DBMS)Physical Demands:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is
regularly required to spend an extended amount of time at a
computer can cause back pain, wrist pain, and eyestrain.Work
Environment (ADA):The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.PKL
Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
to include EOE/ Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.by Jobble
Keywords: Pkl Services Inc, Poway , Deltek IT Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!