Supervisor I, Moving & Storage
Posted on: October 10, 2020
The Supervisor I supervises small and medium sized move and
install crews to complete projects for commercial customers. This
position performs general manual labor and office furniture
installation tasks including loading, unloading, lifting, and
moving office furniture and materials. In addition, this position
assists with a variety of functions with manual labor tasks as
needed, as it may require loading and unloading trucks from loading
dock, using ramps or on lift-gates. Overall, this position is
responsible to ensure the customer's complete satisfaction, and
ensure extreme care not to damage goods or facilities during the
This position is also responsible for reporting and escalating any
related issues about the job to the Project Manager or Account
Manager. Typically obtains daily site work role assignments from
Project Manager, however may also receive assignments from the
Dispatcher, Operations Supervisor, or Account Manager and directly
reports to the Operations Manager. Reporting to the Operations
Manager,Position ResponsibilitiesAccount Assignments
- Checks for start time (for next day's work schedule) with
- Arrives at dispatch office (or on-site), in complete uniform
- Obtains daily work assignments from dispatch or operations
- Sets, offsets, pushes, pulls, lifts, carries and moves
furniture, equipment and boxes as required.
- Handles and stages product, performs detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Is able to read install plans and identify starting locations,
staging locations and changes.
- Inventory all major brands of systems furniture.
- Handles and stages product, performs detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging
locations and changes.
- Properly loads and unloads trucks from loading dock, using
ramps or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved and supervises
others doing the same. Completes all paperwork accurately and
neatly and turns into operations daily.
Backup to Crew
- Assists Drivers in loading and unloading trucks.
- Assist in pushing furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to
and from trucks, offices and warehouses.
- Assist in setting& offsetting goods on equipment.
- May be required to drive trucks up to Class A if qualified and
- May be required to assemble and disassemble systems furniture
- Assists the install/move process by communicating with project
managers, the end users/customer and other crew members.
- Supervises movers and installers as required to perform a
quality job for the customer.
- Trains crews in proper handling and safety techniques.
- Promotes a positive workplace with employee engagement.
- Ensure crews have appropriate meal and rest periods per company
Maintenance and Repair
- Perform minor repairs and cleaning of furniture systems on
- Completes all paperwork accurately and neatly and turns into
operations daily, including timesheets, bills of lading, tick
sheets, inventories, change orders, and disposal forms.
- Complete red-line and stick drawings as needed.
- Maintain excellent customer service with the customers,
transportation and operation teams to establish solid
- Must be punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, inform
the supervisor and warehouse manager immediately, so that
appropriate coverage can be arranged.
- Must work cooperatively with members of the crew.
- Must be courteous, helpful, and professional to all existing
and potential customers.
- Must be respectful of rules at each customer site as to where
to work, and adhere to meal and rest period locations.
- Must follow all confidentiality rules regarding any products or
services that are visible at a customer's move site.
- Must follow all security rules for the company and assigned
- Provides on-the-job training to install and move crews to
ensure quality work is performed.
- Performs work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Must abide by all safety rules; to include proper safety gear
(back braces, safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, masks and/or
gloves, etc. as required by the customer or by law), drive
forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds, ensuring trucks are
chalked and using proper plates, etc.).
- Report any unsafe dangerous requests from customers to senior
- Sign timesheets daily signifying your start, meal periods and
end time daily, and other documentation is completed accurately and
turned in by the time requirement.
- If also a qualified installer, installs systems walls and
splines, handles and stages product, performs detail work and
trash-out functions on install projects.
- If also a qualified and approved driver, drives trucks up to
and including Class A vehicles.
All other duties as assigned based on business
needs.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma and/or general education degree (GED); or
one to two (1-2) year's related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid California driver's license may be required.
- If driving on behalf of company, a valid driving record that
meets the company's insurance carrier's requirements.
- Two (2) years of warehouse/moving experience required, using
various moving equipment and its proper usage such as dollies,
carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates,
and all specialty equipment including but not limited to
roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, and J bars.
- Certified forklift operator certificate required.
- Knowledge of commonly-used office furniture installation and
moving concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular
- Moderate reading and writing skills with 1-2 years of
experience in the field or in a related area preferred.
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long
periods as needed throughout the day.
- Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface, but
may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy
periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include
lifting up to 75 pounds, and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds
throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs
while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching
above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform
various functions of the job.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone, email, text and in
- Sitting: May be required to sit at desk. May sit for long
periods of time.
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. The performance of this
position may occasional require exposure to the manufacturing,
assembly and construction areas and under certain conditions
require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety
shoes, safety glasses with side shields, hard hats, masks, gloves
and/or hearing protection. This list is not all inclusive.
- Temp/Weather: Works in either 1) Office environment - for the
most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional
office equipment, and 2) Warehouse- may be exposed to cold or hot
temperatures, and 3) Outside - may be exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, outside weather conditions and hot or cold
- Noise: Works in office, warehouse, during construction or
outside environment, with constant or intermittent noise.
Position Type / Expected Hour of Work
- Variable hours, non-exempt, regular position.
- Employees might be required to work late evenings or weekends
depending on the business needs.
- All Overtime must be approved by manager before working.
- Must be able to work 7 days a week including holidays.
TravelThis position requires travel around the local area;
depending upon customer assignment.Additional InformationUpon
offer, the Company conducts a comprehensive pre-employment
background check and drug test.Please note this job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.The Company provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.Proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities,
committed to workplace diversity.
Keywords: Corovan, Poway , Supervisor I, Moving & Storage, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!