Senior Income Tax Analyst
Company: Avnet, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Phoenix Based Role, Must be Willing to Live in the Metro Phoenix
Responsible for maintaining tax compliance and reporting of
taxes to meet the company's tax requirements. May provide services
in tax research, audit responses and other specific tax-related
areas. Ensures company compliance with government laws, governing
tax rules for income, and/or other tax areas.
- Provide support to internal customers for tax-related
- Prepare US and state income tax returns and related supporting
- May review tax work papers and returns prepared by others.
- Prepare certain tax provision work papers and summaries for
inclusion in global financial statements; evaluate changes in tax
law, analyze tax adjustments and tax positions and determine
- May prepare regional transfer pricing studies.
- Perform tax research and provide interpretation and application
of tax rules.
- Prepare and/or review responses to tax authority
- May review tax packages for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide tax technical support for restructuring.
- Act as a liaison between tax department and outside service
providers or external vendors.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of changes in tax
legislation, rulings, regulations and litigation that may impact
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Thorough knowledge of principles, theories and concepts in area
of discipline. Competent in all job functions and has general
understanding of the industry practices, techniques and
- Develops solutions for a variety of situations and works on
projects requiring evaluation and analysis. May refer to policies,
practices and precedents for guidance; determines best course of
action to achieve results.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of
judgment and discretion. May receive some limited guidance for new
assignments. Work may be reviewed for overall adequacy.
- Collaborates with management and team members within the
department/function and other areas of the organization. May
represent department internally or externally.
- Actions may impact the success of the overall department and/or
the organization. Failure to accomplish work or erroneous decisions
may result in delays to projects, loss of revenue or allocation of
additional resources to remedy.
- Typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which
comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing
equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin,
sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other characteristic protected by law. This
policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and
grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress
standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue
hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for
employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an
accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human
Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
Keywords: Avnet, Inc., Poway , Senior Income Tax Analyst, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!