Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Posted: 11/11/2021 Employment Type: Direct Placement Category:
Architects, Mechanical Engineers Job Number: 92010 Job
This position exists within the interdisciplinary field of systems
engineering, requiring a focus on how to design and manage complex
systems over their life cycles. At its core, systems engineering
utilizes systems thinking principles to apply this multi-faceted
body of engineering and manufacturing knowledge and know-how to
solve process challenges.--
Responsible for the conceptualization, definition and documentation
of solutions to solve process challenges for key customers and
broaden product offerings. Create new equipment concepts, which
incorporate key company intellectual property to meet corporate
financial goals and objectives. Provide technical and managerial
leadership to engineers, drafters, technicians and consultants for
all phases of product life cycle.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:--
- Design and successfully deploy automated test equipment in a
7/24 factory environment.--
- Complete projects that are diverse and complex in nature
requiring initiative and judgment in determining appropriate
solutions. Interface with other departments such as design, test,
and reliability engineering to analyze and resolve problems.
- Achieve industry reliability and performance criteria &
- Coordinate with Engineering Project Managers and customers to
achieve agreement on product specifications.
- Resolve customer issues and facilitate design solutions that
meet requirements and timelines.--
- Successfully transition product enhancements and upgrades into
- Analyze mechanical, electrical, vision, thermal and software
problems and implement solutions.
- Ensure completion of projects from initiation to delivery;
inform management of deviations.
- Provide leadership and training to less experienced technical
staff including engineers.
- Implement cost saving and warranty reduction strategies on
- Set up and perform system DOEs.--
- Document system level mechanism and process capability to be
used as a template for detailed mechanical, electrical and software
Supervisory Responsibility: Leadership and support in a matrix
management environment - able to effectively manage design projects
involving software, mechanical, electrical engineers and
- Education/Training: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical
Engineering. MS in Mechanical Engineering a plus.--
- Experience: Minimum ten years' machine design experience in
semiconductor test/inspection equipment, with expertise in
electro/mechanical design. Experience with semiconductor process
equipment, with both assembly and test required. This position
requires system level design/development experience with depth and
breadth of knowledge in detailed mechanical design including
automation, thermal and machine/computer vision disciplines.
Requires demonstrated knowledge of the technologies required for
new product development. Experience with electro-mechanical design
that includes structures, actuators, automation, sensors, motors
and similar components. Experience with cost estimates and managing
multinational projects with more than $3M project budget. Proven
experience to prepare accurate project schedules and contribute to
effectively managing schedules
- Skills/Technical Requirements:
- Solidworks 3D Modeling / Pro Engineer / AutoCAD
- Thermal / CTE Mismatch / Stress Analysis
- Ability to model machine design concepts
- Flow / Sequences / Timing Models & Specification
- Cross Functional Management (Electrical, Mechanical, Vision,
Thermal and Software)
- Ability to setup up and perform system DOEs
- Ability to adapt to many environments
- Interact with a diverse group of individuals
- Negotiation skills in gaining consensus
- Aptitude for big picture thinking
- A strong desire for organization and efficiency
- Continuous drive for improvement
- Diplomatic, patience and good listening skills
- Inquisitive mind with a continuous desire to learn
- Fluent in English; ability to speak Korean would be
Job Conditions/Physical Demands:--
Position is based in Poway, CA. Requires domestic and international
travel. Extended periods of sitting at a computer terminal; use of
keyboard. Work in a lab environment with constant or intermittent
Protective Devices Required: In required areas.
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Project Architect
San Diego, CA Login to save this search and get notified of similar
positions. Take control of your career! Join the team as a
recruiter at PEAK and build the future of your dreams.
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Poway , System Architect, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!