Project Engineer, Weapons Systems
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: June 13, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our
Mission Payloads & Exploitation (MPEx) group. In this position you
will work in the Weapons Systems Project Engineering Group to
support weapon system integrations on Unmanned Aircraft (UA)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead or support efforts performing integration, verification
and/or validation of weapon systems on GA-ASI's UA programs.
- Develop program plans, estimates, and schedules.
- Develop system/architecture designs, perform system level
analysis, and generate requirements.
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements.
- Develop and present technical material for reviews and
- Support lab, ground, and flight test events.
- Develop/maintain Interface Control Documents, Software
Requirement Specifications, Performance Specifications,
presentations and review test plans/procedures.
- Coordinate and interface with customers, contractors, and
engineering groups assigned to projects.
- Support ongoing operation of the weapons systems.
- Provide support for proposals/white papers for future efforts
- Provide direction to design or technical staff.
- Software programming or embedded systems experience
(familiarity with C++, MATLAB, Python, PERL scripting, etc.).
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-1553 and logical Interface Control
- Experience integrating weapons, payloads, or avionics onto
- Candidate ideally also has previous project management
experience. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions
of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Bachelor's degree, Masters degree or PhD in engineering,
computer science or a related technical discipline from an
accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as
follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree
or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May
substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
with ability to effectively interface with other departments or
professionals and represent the organization as a prime technical
- Must be customer focused with the ability to formulate and
implement plans to resolve technical engineering problems.
- Ability to work extended hours as required and travel to
support program and test events (up to 25%).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Poway , Project Engineer, Weapons Systems, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!