Senior Compliance Specialist
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: June 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We have an
exciting opportunity for a Senior Compliance Specialist in Poway,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under minimal supervision, this position exercises considerable
latitude in performing contract and/or procurement analysis to
ensure compliance to regulations, contractual requirements and
- Analyzes data and situations, and develops innovative and
creative solutions to problems of unusual complexity; advises on
actions to be taken.
- Compiles and analyzes data to identify trends and areas for
process improvement, and develops new standards or techniques as
required; develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and
- Develops, implements and audits policies, procedures and
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes to ensure
compliance with appropriate statutes, regulations and Company
- Represent the organization as a prime consultant and external
spokesperson for the organization. 6. May make internal or external
presentations as required
- Provides direction to professional or technical staff on
- May participate in the selection, development and training of
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in a related discipline
and fifteen or more years of progressive professional contracting
and/or procurement compliance experience. Equivalent professional
experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of FAR, DFAR, DEAR,
CAS, ITAR and/or EAR regulations as well as an extensive
understanding of one or more of the following: supplier
administration, supply chain, purchasing, material management,
price/cost analysis and/or production control principles, theories,
concepts and techniques. Must have experience organizing, planning,
scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet
project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the
development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to
identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to problems of
unusual complexity; (2) strong analytical, verbal and written
communication skills to accurately document, report, and present
findings; (3) strong interpersonal skills enabling an effective
interface with other professionals; and (4) strong computer
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours as
- US Citizenship Requiredby Jobble
Keywords: General Atomics, Poway , Senior Compliance Specialist, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!