Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Posted: 03/28/2022 Employment Type: Direct Placement Category:
Quality Job Number: 93518 Job Description
The Quality Supervisor supports quality inspection and objectives
of the organization in a management capacity by developing,
implementing, maintaining, and enhancing quality assurance systems
and processes. These processes include internal audits, CAPA, MRB,
calibration, training, process metrics, etc. This position will
also focus on ISO program improvements and enhancing documented
procedures and work instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by
contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and
reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing
production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining
system improvements; and implementing change.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses;
identifying critical control points and preventive measures;
establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective
actions, and verification procedures; and monitoring
- Validate quality processes by establishing product
specifications and quality attributes; measuring production;
documenting evidence; determining operational and performance
qualification; and writing and updating quality assurance
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product,
company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating
customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management
to develop new product and engineering designs, manufacturing and
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting,
analyzing and summarizing information and trends, including failed
processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions and
- Internal Audits - participate in internal audit program to
proactively identify and correct non-compliances within products
- CAPA - provide analysis of CAPA system to ensure it is being
used effectively to address and close product and process
- MRB - provide analysis of MRB process to ensure it effectively
dispositions and transacts non-conforming material in a timely
- Calibration - provide assurance that the calibration program is
compliant with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Process Metrics - provide assurance that appropriate metrics
for the Internal Audit, CAPA, MRB, Deviation and Production
processes are collected, analyzed, reported and trended over time
to assure continual improvement.
- ISO 9001 and AS9100 Programs - actively participate in assuring
ISO9001 and AS9100 programs remain compliant with requirements.
Assist in coordination of internal and external compliance audits
and resulting corrective actions.
- Receiving Inspection - provide assurance that the Receiving
Inspection process is compliant with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Training - provide assurance that training programs are
complete, documented and effective.
- Production processes - provide assurance critical production
processes used to manufacture, test, inspect and deliver high
quality technical, electromechanical assemblies are complete,
documented and effective.
This job has supervisory responsibilities to the process.
Supervises staff employee(s) and is responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of same. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor' s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a
related field and a minimum of 2 years of directly related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret various business
documents, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability
to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present
information and response to questions before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems
and Quality software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 in a
- Basic knowledge of or willingness to be trained in PCBA
soldering IAW IPC 610 Class II, Cable Assembly IAW IPC 620 and
- General knowledge of mechanical housing manufacturing and
plating, to include anodize
- Leadership experience with a quality assurance or operations
team in a high-tech industry
- Experience with generating, maintaining, and presenting quality
metrics in PowerPoint and Excel formats
- The ability to generate, update, implement and maintain quality
assurance process documentation
- Experience in planning and conducting process audits.
- Experience in coordinating and managing Corrective Action and
Preventive Action programs. Unipoint experience is preferred.
- Proven success in a continuous improvement environment.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and 5S
environment is preferred.
- Experience in conducting, implementing, and monitoring formal
training programs and projects is preferred.
- Experience in coordinating and managing calibration programs is
P-OCE-03 Login to save this search and get notified of similar
positions. Related Jobs:
- Manager, Quality Control Materials
San Diego, CA
- Manager, Quality Compliance
- Manager, Software Quality
San Diego, CA Login to save this search and get notified of similar
positions. PEAK is eager to comply with our very stringent
requirements and do so with professionalism and accuracy. Their
rates are very competitive. Take control of your career! Join the
team as a recruiter at PEAK and build the future of your
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Poway , Quality Supervisor, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!