Project Administrator, MQ-9B SkyGuardian & Protector Program
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Posted on: January 18, 2023
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Administrator to join
our MQ-9B SkyGuardian & Protector program team located in Poway,
CA. The Project Administrator is responsible for providing direct
assistance to a Senior Director, and manages access to and
maintains their schedule which requires contact with internal
management, staff, and external customers or officials. The Project
Administrator has access to sensitive information necessitating the
use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment, and communicates
with executive, administrative and management personnel to gather
or convey relevant information, as well as initiates special
reports and completes a variety of administrative assignments.
The Project Administer will also support programs and projects with
administrative and analytic support under general supervision. This
position is responsible for support to operational aspects of
ongoing projects with taskings identified by Senior Managers across
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates schedules and ensures management is made aware of
issues that need immediate attention.
- Interfaces with executives, managers, and staff as well as
customers and visitors to gather and prepare information.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of correspondence,
reports, and presentations of internal and program/project
information for internal and external audiences.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates various organizational
meetings, events, and travel arrangements.
- Tracks progress of delegated staff assignments and may
coordinate activities between departments.
- Screens calls, prioritizes mail and maintains follow-up system
to ensure completion of each task or project.
- Maintains confidential and specialized files and/or
- Utilizes judgment in determining which tasks can be handled and
which tasks need to be directed to management or to other members
of the organization.
- Administers daily operational aspects of one or more ongoing
projects; participates in project plan development and
- Participates in problem solving with project managers, line
managers, and clients.
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Business
Administration or a related discipline and three or more years of
progressive professional project administration experience.
Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of project
administration principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Must
have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and
coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or
established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the
development of new processes.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop
solutions to a variety of problems.
- Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to
accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Good interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours as
Keywords: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Poway , Project Administrator, MQ-9B SkyGuardian & Protector Program, Other , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!