Sr. Lab Technician
Posted on: January 4, 2022
EmployBridge Search Group is currently recruiting for a Sr. Lab
Technician in Poway CA. The Sr. Lab Technician will assist in the
laboratory operations services, inventory management support, and
equipment management services. The Senior Laboratory Technician
will support the Facilities Department with laboratory operations
activities, including general lab stock and inventory management,
shipping and receiving, equipment installation and maintenance, lab
alarms and security systems, compressed gas management, and
communication with R&D and Technical Operations, including
Manufacturing end users while complying with SOPs and applying GDP
(Good Documentation Practices).RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Point of contact and support a high volume of R&D,
Technical Operations, and Manufacturing end user facilities
requests, ensuring day to day lab activities run effectively.
- Anticipate and prepare for short-term and long-term lab
activities, planning for new hires, space requirements within teams
and cross functionally across all labs, supporting work flows
between teams, and equipment procurement and maintenance
- Execute and/or ensure that assigned lab operations requests,
calibrations, and Work Orders are completed per schedule.
- Assist with the management of laboratory supplies inventory by
determining use levels, anticipating needed supplies, and ensuring
adequate inventories are maintained for laboratory media, reagents,
- Maintain equipment lists and enroll new equipment into
calibration and maintenance schedules.
- Develop, implement, and deploy policies, procedures, and
protocols for equipment and other lab activities.
- Participate in calibration and maintenance activities including
for pipets, biological safety cabinets, incubators, etc. with
accurate and timely documentation following Company SOPs.
- Review, investigate, and report on the identification of Out of
Tolerance (OOT) conditions. Assist with investigations and
corrective actions to preclude the recurrence of similar
- Oversee training for contractors following SOPs and complete
the tasks in a compliant manner, ensuring that the necessary
documentation is completed accurately.
- Read quality control manuals and testing specifications to
obtain data to test and or calibrate specific devices.
- Support the maintenance of all facilities working
- Interact with other departments and personnel to resolve any
lab operations, calibration, or equipment issues.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on selection of
instruments and operational parameters.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner
following all safety SOPs and wear Personal Protective Equipment as
- Maintain accurate record keeping of equipment and systems.
- Work with third party Vendors while performing services on the
equipment to ensure that all are following company policies.
- Keep inventory of equipment critical spare parts.
- Be an active member of the safety committee and support Company
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years of laboratory operations and equipment maintenance
related experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
preferred but not required.
- Mechanical knowledge of equipment and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance such as biosafety cabinets,
incubators, centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers, and other general
laboratory equipment, a plus.
- Specific calibration and metrology training, a plus.
- Math skills and the ability to use technical calibration
- Problem-solving abilities along with being detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, flexible, able to prioritize, multitask, and
work in a fast paced & dynamic environment.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 pounds of
equipment or supplies
Keywords: EmployBridge, Poway , Sr. Lab Technician, Professions , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!