Systems Furniture Installer I
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job
Minimum Starting Hourly Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour paid bi-weekly
(pay rate is based on experience)
Work Schedule: Variable work schedule. Work hours may often exceed
30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client needs.
Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred.
This position requires travel around the local area (Serving San
Diego, Inland Empire, and surrounding area); depending upon
The Installer I is responsible for installing and de-installing
furniture systems as directed by supervisor. Installers lift, carry
and/or push furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to and from
trucks, offices and warehouses as requested by the customer.
Responsible for loading and unloading trucks from loading dock,
using ramps or on lift-gates. May assist in setting & offsetting
goods on equipment, assuring a quality move for the customer,
providing outstanding customer service, and assisting the move
process by communicating with the supervisor, the customer and
other crew members. The work schedule is part-time, hours will
vary. Reliable transportation is required for this position.
- Install system walls and splines, components and trim.
- Handle and stage product, perform detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging
locations and changes.
- Set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture,
equipment and boxes as required.
- Properly load and unload trucks from loading dock, using ramps
or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved.
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at dispatch office or on-site at client location in
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay
until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs. Basic
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or up to
one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- 6 months systems furniture installation experience
- Must own a basic set of installation tools Preferred
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature
and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three
major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth Other
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including
background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum
- Must own and bring to work every day, a basic set of
installation tools as defined in installation policy
- Moderate ability to read and interpret documents such as
procedures, work instructions, install plans and timesheets
- Moderate ability to speak and communicate well with customers
- Moderate ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations Pay & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include
walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May
include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150
pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching,
squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May
also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up
to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or
on a lift-gate.
Additional Information Upon offer, the Company conducts a
comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to
Keywords: Corovan, Poway , Systems Furniture Installer I, Professions , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!