Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: June 12, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under close supervision and with detailed instruction, this
position is responsible for the routine monitoring of inventory
levels to meet project and production requirements. Assists in
maintaining inputs to inventory systems. Reviews requirements and
inventory levels and may assist in generating purchase requisitions
as required. Processes transfer of stock, tracks shortages, and
expedites as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews material requirements based on MRP, Kanban, and reorder
point inventory reports. Assists in identifying common inventory to
be transferred to projects.
- May assist in generating purchase requisitions to meet
project(s) and production requirements.
- Reviews purchased parts and bulk items utilizing shortage
reports and sales orders. Sets up min/max/reorder quantities for
- Compiles various routine inventory reports using appropriate
computer system(s) or hard copy documents. Maintains MRP system
through planning data input.
- Assists in the analysis and resolution of obsolete and excess
- Reviews unplanned issues from inventory.
- May assist in determining stock level replenishment
requirements for Kanban locations on the production floor or
- Assists in providing manufacturing management with reports that
summarize the dollar amount of common inventory from all
- May respond to routine verbal and written requests for
information from internal sources.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a basic understanding of inventory planning and have
a basic knowledge of computer based manufacturing systems and
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to identify issues and interpret data.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to
interface with internal employees and to accurately document and
- Basic knowledge of computer operations, applications, word
processing, and spreadsheets.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Poway , Inventory Specialist, Professions , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!