Maintenance Supervisor, Community Corrections
Posted on: November 24, 2022
AtCoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standardsof professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good. We are currently seeking a Maintenance
Supervisor, Community Corrections who has apassion for providing
the highest quality care in a residential setting. Comejoin a team
that is dedicated to making an impact for the people andcommunities
The Maintenance Supervisor, Community Corrections is responsible
for the overall maintenance of the correctional facility. This role
directs, schedules and manages personnel in the maintenance, repair
and upkeep of the facility's building structures and systems,
including plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures, machinery,
equipment, electronics, vehicles and grounds. This person will
manage the Maintenance Department budget. Additionally, they will
supervise and schedule work for residents assigned to maintenance
work projects. This individual may be designated the facility
* Supervise maintenance staff and residents in the performance of
their duties and evaluates as prescribed by the facility and
* Establish maintenance standards by developing, maintaining and/or
following a schedule of periodic preventive maintenance for the
equipment at the facility. Responsible for capital expenditure
planning and establishing a predictive maintenance replacement
* Review maintenance work order requests to diagnose problems and
ensure correct, cost-effective and quality repairs for the
operation of the facility.
* Analyze and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving
* Make recommendations and/or decisions on matters such as
employment, retention, promotion and other personnel actions.
* High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
* Seven years of experience in general construction or
plant/institutional maintenance is required.
* Two years of supervisory experience is required.
* Additional qualifying education or technical training in a
maintenance or construction-related field may be substituted for
the required experience on a year-for-year basis up to four
* No substitution for supervisory experience.
* Extensive knowledge of building construction and the operation of
building systems is preferred.
* Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
* Experience with an Enterprise Asset Management system is
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE-including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Poway , Maintenance Supervisor, Community Corrections, Professions , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!