Electrical Hardware Engineer
Company: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2023
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.At GA-ASI, we
highly value new ideas and creativity as we continue to lead the
industry in unmanned aerial systems. As a member of the Propulsion
Team, you will have the opportunity to design and test a range of
innovative propulsion system solutions that directly impact the
success of our customers. You will have the opportunity to learn
and grow with exposure to a broad range of piston engine propulsion
systems and components , as well as developing solutions for the
integration and operation of propulsion control systems in our
aircraft. Serving in a technical and leadership role, you will have
the opportunity to contribute to the planning, execution, and
oversight of innovative projects to meet a wide array of customer
goals. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the design, analysis, testing, integration,
manufacturing, and fielding of aircraft propulsion systems,
including piston engines, propellers, and their electrical
- Independently complete component, assembly, and system testing
and analysis, document findings, communicate results, give
technical presentations, and represent the organization as the
prime propulsion technical contact.
- Oversee and assist in the completion of program deliverables
such as component and assembly designs, test plans and reports,
analysis documentation, and other deliverables to meet program
objectives, requirements, and schedule.
- Troubleshoot various propulsion-related control systems and
- Review various manufacturing processes and collaborate with
relevant stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Collaborate and effectively interact with peers, technical
staff, senior management, peers from other engineering disciplines,
and internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring
communication and coordination to solve complex challenges.
- Prepare and review engineering documentation for delivery to
peers, technical staff, executive management, and customers.
- Perform work either individually or in a team environment.
- Provide guidance, direction, and leadership to design or
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Observe all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations
wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating
procedures and practices
- Other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
to apply.Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a
related technical discipline from an accredited institution and
progressive engineering experience as follows; six or more years of
experience with a bachelor's degree, four or more years of
experience with a master's degree, or two or more years with a PhD.
May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an electrical
engineering design role.
- Board layout, system diagrams, power electronics design
- The ability to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance.
- Able to work extended hours as requiredQualifications we Value
- Experience related specifically to engine related control HW
(FADEC, DEEC, ECU).
- Experience related specifically to Aircraft or automobile power
electronics, with either generator or hybrid power control.
- Have a thorough and complete understanding of wide range of
engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience
demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding
knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related
- Experience with reciprocating engines (Spark-ignition or
Diesel) - their construction, theory of operation and control
strategies. This includes ECU system operations and tuning.
- Have excellent communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize roadblocks or issues and suggest an
appropriate course of action for prevention or resolution.
- Able to adapt and react quickly to changes and
challenges.Salary:$98,100 - $171,398
Keywords: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc., Poway , Electrical Hardware Engineer, Professions , Poway, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!